Not in Store - Usually Ships in 2-7 Days from Warehouse
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Imaginary Veterinary series.
- #2: The Lonely Lake Monster (The Imaginary Veterinary #2) (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: The Rain Dragon Rescue (The Imaginary Veterinary #3) (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: The Order of the Unicorn (The Imaginary Veterinary #4) (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: The Griffin's Riddle (The Imaginary Veterinary #5) (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: The Fairy Swarm (The Imaginary Veterinary #6) (Paperback): $7.99
When Ben Silverstein is sent to the rundown town of Buttonville to spend the summer with his grandfather, he's certain it will be the most boring vacation ever. That is, until his grandfather's cat brings home what looks like . . . a baby dragon?
Amazed, Ben enlists the help of Pearl Petal, a local girl with an eye for adventure. They take the wounded dragon to the only veterinarian's office in town -- Dr. Woo's Worm Hospital. But as Ben and Pearl discover once they are inside, Dr. Woo's isn't a worm hospital at all -- it's actually a secret hospital for imaginary creatures.
After Ben accidentally leaves the hospital's front door unlocked, a rather large, rather stinky, andvery hairy beast escapes into Buttonville. Ben and Pearl are tasked with retrieving the runaway creature, and what started out as an ordinary summer becomes the story of a lifetime.
Suzanne Selfors delivers a wild journey filled with mythical creatures and zany adventures that are anything but imaginary.
This book includes bonus writing, art, and science activities that will help readers discover more about the mythological creatures featured in The Sasquatch Escape. These activities are designed for the home and the classroom. Enjoy doing them on your own or with friends!
About the Author
Suzanne Selfors is a national best selling author of the Ever After High School Stories series, the Imaginary Veterinary series, the Smells Like Dog series, and many other books. She's earned five Junior Library Guild Awards and a WA State Book Award. She's been a Kid's Indie Pick, a Scholastic Book Fair bestseller, and been included in Bank Street's 100th Edition of Best Children's Books, Smithsonian Magazine's Notable Children's Books, and Amazon's Best Children's Books.
She lives on an island in the Pacific Northwest where rain falls like music and horses are beloved.
"The best books are those in which imaginary creatures leap off the page and into our world -- just one of the reasons why this book is a ton of fun. I can't wait for more adventures!"—Wendy Mass, New York Times bestselling author of The Candymakers
"An entertaining story that will pique readers' interest from the first dragon sighting....Santat's characteristically dynamic illustrations complement a story that will have readers eager for the next book in the Imaginary Veterinary series."—Publishers Weekly
"A solid, entertaining opener. Ben and Pearl are Everykids that readers will relate to, and the adults of Buttonville are often delightfully weird and clueless....More hijinks-filled adventure than mystery, this is sure to win an audience."—Kirkus Reviews
"Funny, touching, and sure to please, this title is full of charm. Kids will relate to Ben and his troubles, root for the amazing animals, and enjoy Santat's zany illustrations."—School Library Journal
* "From the first dragon sighting, readers will be thoroughly entertained with this hijinks-filled adventure story. Ben and Pearl are fun-seeking characters, while Santat's illustrations perfectly complement a story that mixes reality with the imaginary. Young readers will be anxious for future adventures in the Imaginary Veterinary series."—Library Media Connection, starred review