Not in Store - Usually Ships in 2-7 Days from Warehouse
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series series.
- #1: Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Thereby Hangs a Tail: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: To Fetch a Thief: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: A Fistful of Collars: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: The Sound and the Furry: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: Scents and Sensibility: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #8) (Paperback): $17.99
In the seventh installment in the brilliant New York Times bestselling mystery series, canine narrator Chet and PI Bernie Little journey to Washington, DC, and the dog-eat-dog world of our nation’s capital.
Stephen King has called Chet “a canine Sam Spade full of joie de vivre.” Robert B. Parker dubbed Spencer Quinn’s writing “major league prose.” Now the beloved team returns in another suspenseful novel that finds Chet sniffing around the capital city and using his street smarts to uncover a devilish plot.
Chet and Bernie pay a visit to Bernie’s girlfriend, Suzie Sanchez, an ace reporter living in far-off Washington, DC. She’s working on a big story she can’t talk about, but when her source, a mysterious Brit with possible intelligence connections, runs into trouble of the worst kind, Bernie suddenly finds himself under arrest.
Meanwhile Chet gets to know a powerful DC operative who may or may not have the goods on an ambitious politician. Soon Chet and Bernie are sucked into an international conspiracy, battling unfamiliar forces under the blinking red eyes of a strange bird that Chet notices from the get-go but seems to have slipped by everybody else. Most menacing of all is Barnum, a guinea pig with the fate of the nation in his tiny paws.
As Harry Truman famously quipped, “If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.” Too bad he didn’t get to meet Chet!
About the Author
Spencer Quinn is the bestselling author of eight Chet and Bernie mystery series, as well as the #1 New York Times bestselling Bowser and Birdie series for middle-grade readers. He lives on Cape Cod with his wife Diana—and dogs Audrey and Pearl. Keep up with him by visiting SpenceQuinn.com.
Praise for Paw and Order:
“A doggone clever detective duo… always a hoot. This onesalts a doggedly determined investigation with plenty of laughs”.
— Kirkus Reviews
“Both smart and funny.”
“Dog lovers will enjoy Chet’s original, offbeat narration.”
— Publishers Weekly
Praise for The Sound and the Furry
“Spencer Quinn’s masterful job of having a canine narrator isn’t cutesy, nor does it grow tiresome, a tribute to his wordsmithing.”
— New York Journal of Books
“If you are a dog lover, you will instantly recognize your own pet in Chet’s wry commentary on the world as he sees it. Quinn’s masterly skills at suspense writing provide a heart-racing climax.”
— Book Reporter
Praise for the New York Times Bestselling Chet and Bernie Mystery Series
"Nothing short of masterful."
— Los Angeles Times
"Even cat lovers will howl with delight."
— USA Today
"Spencer Quinn speaks two languages--suspense and dog--fluently."
— Stephen King
"Pulls the reader along as if on a leash."
“Quinn radiates pure comic genius…You don't have to be a dog lover to enjoy this deliciously addictive series.”
— Publishers Weekly (Starred Review)