No longer available from Storybook Cove
Other Books in Series
This is book number 73 in the The Jim Weiss Audio Collection series.
- #68: Genius, Times Four: Scientists and Mathematicians Who Fought Disease, Stopped Time, and Opened New Worlds (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #68) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #69: My Father's Dragon (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #69) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #70: Jim Weiss Curious Creatures Bundle: My Father?s Dragon; The Reluctant Dragon; Just So Stories & Animal Tales (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #70) (CD-Audio): $59.90
- #71: Jim Weiss Great Women and Men Bundle: Galileo and the Stargazers; Swordsmen, Saints, and Scholars;Genius, Times Four & I Said I Could and I Did (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #71) (CD-Audio): $59.90
- #72: King Arthur and His Knights Bundle: Audiobook and Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #72) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #74: Heroes, Horses, and Harvest Moons Bundle: Audiobook & Illustrated Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #74) (Mixed media product): $36.90
Ride across Texas on a mountain lion with Pecos Bill; work up a giant appetite with the mighty lumberjack Paul Bunyan; spread happiness with Johnny Appleseed; and confront the Fastest Draw in the West. Read and listen to these wild tales–and then act them out yourself!
Save when you get the audio and illustrated text together--this beautifully illustrated Companion Reader is an exact transcript of Jim Weiss’s award-winning storytelling performance of three classic American stories and one original tall tale.
The Reader can be enjoyed on its own, or used along with the recorded performance to build strong language skills. Listen to the Jim Weiss stories, read along in the book to improve fluency, vocabulary, and grammar, and then speak great words and sentences out loud by practicing and performing the short, accessible dramatic versions of Jim’s performances (including a stage play, a puppet show, and a dramatic monologue).
Jim’s entertaining and literate audio tales make long car rides and rainy days a joy rather than a trial and introduce children to the great stories and sophisticated language of the world’s classics.
About the Author
In 1989, Jim Weiss set out on a mission: to record the greatest stories he knew from world literature and history, and inspire families -- especially young listeners -- with a passionate love of the original classics. In the three decades since then, Jim's narration voice and seemingly numberless character voices have formed foundational entertainment and education for millions of listeners around the world.
Winning hundreds of awards, Jim’s recordings range on the literary side from fairy tales through stories from Shakespeare, Dickens and Conan Doyle, while his history recordings bring to vivid life major historical events and personalities from the ancient world through the twentieth century.
The inspiration for all this began early, with parents and grandparents who told stories and read aloud to him, skills which Jim joyously acquired, and which led him to a degree in Communications and Speech from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Later, his wife, Randy, earned her own national awards as a teacher and counselor, and their shared passion for learning led to forming their company in 1989, long before the explosion of spoken word recordings made this a "sensible" decision. The recordings began winning listeners and national awards from the first. A few years ago, the Weiss's licensed their recordings and business operations to Well-Trained Mind Press, which has successfully introduced Jim's work into still more markets, while Jim continues to write, record, teach and perform.