SCHOOL WILL BE OUT SOON!
At Scholastic Parents Night: The Power of Summer Reading, a virtual panel of Scholastic authors, education experts, and booksellers gave tips and book recommendations that will keep kids excited to read all summer long!
IF YOU DID NOT MAKE THE LIVE SHOW, YOU CAN USE THE LINK ABOVE TO SEE THE RECORDING FOR . . .
- A book recommendation speed-round with an indie bookseller - Ask for recommendations based on your child's likes and needs!
- Interviews with beloved authors Varian Johnson (Twins and The Parker Inheritance) and Kelly Yang (The Front Desk series)
- Tips and tricks to keep your kids reading all summer - and loving it!
- Swag! Attendees who visit STORYBOOK COVE after the event will receive a goodie bag (on a first come, first serve basis), and all attendees will receive digital activities, brochures and more! SNEAK PREVIEW -- If you want to download digital activities at your leisure rather than on the night of the event, use THIS LINK!
We were joined by:
- Moderator John Schu: Host of Book Joy Live, author of the popular blog Watch. Read. Connect. and Ambassador of School Libraries for Scholastic Book Fairs.
- Varian Johnson: Award-winning author of several books for children and young adults, including The Parker Inheritance and Twins, illustrated by Shannon Wright.
- Lauren Savage: Co-founder and owner of the Reading Bug Bookstore and Reading Bug Box in San Carlos, California and narrator of the Reading Bug Adventures story and music podcast.
- Lizette Serrano: VP of Educational Marketing at Scholastic, Co-founder of the Power of Story initiative and a 2021 Summer Reading Ambassador.
- Kelly Yang: Author of the award-winning Front Desk series and founder of The Kelly Yang project.
- You can find longer panelist bios HERE.
See below for a list of books you can purchase before or after the event IN THE STORE OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.