This is what Independent Bookstore Day is all about . . . long-time and first-time customers coming to a LOCAL, INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE to meet a local author of gothic-horror-fantasy, buy some exclusive items, just hang out, laugh, play with bubble wands, chat with other Storybook Cove and book lovers, safely distanced browse through boxes of free books outside, and get kids’ goodie bags and balloons.
We like to protect the privacy of our customers so use your imagination and INSERT THEM INTO OUR PICTURES . . .
- people showing up right at opening to get Stephen King & Joe Hill’s book & other exclusive items
- Janet and Joey making the perfect book recommendations
- adult horror lovers buying Matthew Pungitore’s book
- families coming to get the next books in the series and walking out with balloons
- the couple from Spain choosing to find an independent bookstore to fulfill the custom of International Book Day (April 23) and purchasing books from Storybook Cove to give to each other
- kids and adults playing with the bubble wands (couldn’t get anyone to hula-hoop though!)
- the frequent customer who started at Storybook Cove and was planning on visiting several more independent bookstores (loved his choice of the “In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act” stencil)
- the outside canopy over Matthew deciding to go flying in a strong gust of wind with Joanne holding on to it for dear life and customers in the store and cars running to the rescue, and
- SMILES BEHIND EVERY MASK AND IN EVERYONE’S EYES!
This is why we have worked long days through recessions and pandemics for 30+ years – the ABSOLUTE JOY WE EXPERIENCE serving the community of people who come to our local, independent bookstore!
Janet, Joanne, Joey, Kendra and all of us at Storybook Cove!
|We have signed books by Matthew Pungitore & few Exclusive Items
LINK to More Info on BOOK SIGNING LINK to Exclusive Items List